The History of Garner Abstract & Land Company
Garner Abstract & Land Company was originally founded by John
Nance Garner IV, the forty-fourth Speaker of the United States House of Representatives (1931-1933) and the thirty-second Vice President of the United States (1933-1941).
In 1891 with John Nance Garner at the helm, Garner Abstract &
Land Company opened its doors, and in 1930 W. A. Hensarling, Sr.
was hired as the manager. At that time Garner Abstract was
located on the second floor of the Grand Opera House building.
On January 1, 1948 Garner Abstract relocated to 120 W. Nopal St.
where it remained until 1968. It was then purchased from the
Garner Estate by W. A. Hensarling, Jr. and moved to its present
location. Garner remained in the Hensarling Family until 2010.
Today Garner is owned by attorneys, John Dodson and Chad Upham. Both have practiced law in the Uvalde and South Texas area, throughout their careers.
Garner Abstract & Land Company has the distinct advantage of
owning our own on-site title plant with a database that is updated
daily. This allows us to give our customers the most thorough title
examination dating back to the late 1800's when the first real estate
transaction in Uvalde County was recorded.
Serving Uvalde and the surrounding area continues to be a
priority for Garner Abstract.
At Garner Abstract, We "Respect"